Exploring a user interface paradigm
A Demonstration of the Kiezatlas Application
Im Screencast wid die Arbeit von drei verschiedene Anwendergruppen am Beispiel des Szenarios Kulturgang Weddings auf der Kiezatlas-Test Instanz aufgenommen.
Die verlinkte Bildschirmaufnahme ist knapp 20 Minuten lang und die .ogg Datei ist 270 MB groß. Falls es Probleme beim abspielen geben sollte oder eine anderes videoformat erwünscht ist, helfe ich gerne.
Veranschaulicht werden für den
- Besucher: Das Browsen und Navigieren in Stadplänen für Gäste
- Einrichtungsinhaber bzw. Redakteure: Das aktualisieren von Inhalten
- Das publizieren von Stadplänen
- Das erstellen neuer Kriterien und neuer Flächentypen für Kieze
- Das konfigurieren von Details des DeepaMehta HTML Genrators in der Formular- und Infoansicht (z.B. die Reihenfolge der Attribute bei der Anzeige von Einrichtungen bzw. Eigenschaften der Relation-Kante und Ihre Auswirkung)
Ich übe noch und freue mich auf Anregungen.
The Screencast is spoken in German about 20 minutes long. It demonstrates the usage of the Kiezatlas Application from 3 different user perspectives. The Guest, Author and Atlas-Administrator. The reocrding is about 20 minutes long and their is currently no english translation available. The file is about 270 MB big and encoded in .ogg. Hope it helps.
Demonstration of the
- Visitor: Browsing and navigating in one citymap
- Institutions and Authors: updating content
- publishing of new citymaps
- creation of new criterias and shape types for a Kiez
- configuration of the Details about the HTML Generator from Form- and Infoview. (e.g. Display grading of attributes and the effects of 'Relation' properties)
Malte 29-Nov-2008 22:44 GMT
This page wants to help you with:
Identifying that part of the current DeepaMehta that you or your users really need.
Let`s try simplicity in rhythm with complexity ...
... There is a whole coherent complex of features that are certainly NOT used immediately
when a user first adopts DeepaMehta (and which are much more difficult to learn): It is
everything that fulfills DeepaMehta's the promise of being a DESKTOP replacement, of integrating
(while hiding) the applications for storage and transmittal of information and knowledge.
Even though these 4 levels may have slightly different audiences, they build on one another,
and the understanding and practice of the previous level is required for the next level.
At the moment there is one aim and this is to provide an audiovisual guide for some of the most basic operations in DeepaMehta.
Single Chicken Level
(pock pock pock, where`s the corn)
- Getting DeepaMehta into at least the most important operation mode: Installed
- The explanation of what you see and what you get. We could keep it simple ;)
- First Draft of Text for the First Tutorial, based upon Matthias provided Demo
- x28de 20-May-2008 00:53 CEST. I prepared a little demo zip-file with simple associations about animals, and with two simple tasks (answer a question about two topics, based on their description, and (2) connect an additional topic into the web and rearrange to reduce edge overlaps. Perhaps this could serve as a basis for such a simple scrrencast? (During import, I lost my gew and unimportant association names. Will have to check if bug).
- Maybe also configuring the 'Installation' topic, just for fun and by the way.
- File Handling, Drag & Drop and Mime Type configuration
- Watch & click through a TopicMap import into your Corporate Memory
Community Dog Level
(barking for collaboration)
- Exploring and joining Shared Workspaces, maybe also Permissions on the Membership-Associations (Community Workspace, Community Website Workspace)
- Open up a Chat and use the Messageboard, explain by the way the tweety of the bird ;) and how to track internal Notifications and Errors
- Connecting the internal Messageboard to the public anonymous www
- (Group Calendar Application)
The Adventurer Level
(come on, gimme some more)
- Experimental informational applications (e.g. Personal Mail Client Demo, Webpage Topic and Search API
- Personal Visualizing Toolkit (Malte)
- Personal Entertainment Workspaces
- TypeBuilder Workspace
- Installing in your private network
- Serving the DeepaMehta Messageboard with tomcat
The Pioneer Level
(what? where are the boundaries?)
- Connecting code to DeepaMehta
- DeepaMehta as a Web Application Framework
- Implementing custom application topics (e.g. LaTeX Prototype-Topic) (Malte)
- Heading for more ... Take your CMemory out of a MySql Database into a HSQL based CMemory on your stick for the next presentation ;)
it would be very nice to clarify the details of each, in terms of text which could be subtitled and spoken.
attention: this is overnight stuff, to be discussed and changed, maybe i mixed some levels and maybe we could also build up 5 of them.
sorry for the titles, i was in the mood for fun ;)
some production files could already be exchanged via this wiki (as soon as available) cause i guess we have enough space and we could then start to give feedback and grow with this topic
Link to old wiki Screencast Page